On Being an Orthodontist
“I am proud to say I am an orthodontist. I can see the positive changes I make in people’s lives when they smile, and it makes me happy when people leave my office happy with the care they’ve received and the results we’ve achieved, together.
I’m passionate about helping people. I joined the oral healthcare field because I enjoy making a difference in people’s lives, and being an orthodontist allows me to do that, everyday. My patients become my friends, and I am honored by those friendships.” – Dr. Philip D. Bomeli
As an orthodontist, Dr. Bomeli is focused on delivering personal care to each person who comes to his practice. He works with individuals to find the treatment processes that work with their lifestyle, goals, and clinical requirements, never dictating a certain path. Instead, he educates the person about the different processes and encourages them to be an active participant in deciding their treatment.
Education and Continuing Education
- Undergraduate degree, University of Notre Dame
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery, The Ohio State University
- Master of Science and Orthodontic Specialty Training Program, The Ohio State University
Each year Dr. Bomeli seeks out continuing education opportunities through meetings, seminars, and hands-on demonstrations and training. By staying current on the latest techniques and technology, he’s able to ensure his patients receive the best care and treatment possible.
Honors and Awards
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude from The Ohio State University College of Dentistry with DDS degree (see above).
- Certificate of Recognition for scholarship attainment and for possessing the potential for professional advancement, September 2004. Presented by The Ohio Section, American College of Dentists.
- American Association of Orthodontists Award for Exceptional Interest in the Development of the Oro-facial Complex, May 2004.
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon, National Dental Honor Society, Theta Chapter, Inducted May 2004.
- Phi Kappa Phi, National Honor Society, Inducted May 2003.
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Ohio Dental Association
- Cleveland Society of Orthodontists
- Greater Cleveland Dental Society
Dr. Bomeli was raised in Solon, OH, and returned in 2007. He’s married, with three young children: a daughter and a boy / girl set of twins. The family also has a dog. Spending quality time with his loved ones is Dr. Bomeli’s priority. He also enjoys tackling home improvement projects, attending Notre Dame football games, and cheering for the Browns, Indians, and Cavaliers.